Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Countdown To The Swim Meet, I Mean Horse Show...

Tomorrow is the day we leave for the Gold N Grand horse show.  I can hardly wait...(Sarcasm oozing from every pore)  The weather is
just miserable, rain and wind.  And, the weather report shows, you guessed it, more rain.. The show management has had to change up the whole show schedule to get us in out of the rain to show.  They are going to try to run all the classes in 2 indoor arenas.  As a result, it looks like we will only be showing 2 days instead of 3.  One of the days will be double judged.  We show around 8:30 a.m. and I am thinking that I will have to get up around 4:00 a.m. to get fed, lunged, groomed, tail in, saddled, dressed, warmed up and ready to show.  Stay tuned, California Cowgirl , Mommy In Spurs and I are in for the experience of our lives!

4 comments:

Mikey said...

I SO hear ya. We're preparing for Mercy's first "big" show and it's gonna be the death of me. Clothes, manes, tails, chaps, prep, prep, prep. Practice and practice some more... It's exhausting. I know by the end of the day, I'll be laying in the trailer with a migraine, lol. And we're only doing 1 day. I can't imagine 2 or 3.
Good luck to you girls and I seriously can't wait to hear all about it. Someone take pics!!!

Lil Mama said...

Hmmm. Interesting. I hadn't heard that we were only showing two days.

Vaquerogirl said...

This is going to be EPIC!!

Dreaming said...

Oh, there is nothing worse that a rainy show. Yuck. Maybe Ma Nature will move the rain someplace else.
Good luck. Have fun.