Saturday, July 31, 2010

More search and rescue training

The weather here in CA is just wonderful right now.  We are at least 10 degrees cooler than normal.
That makes me HAPPY!  This morning at 7:30 we had to be down at the Sheriffs arena for some desensitizing training for the horses.  I went along just to help and snap a few photos.  Hubby's horse did a
great job.  The flairs were the only thing that really concerned her, but she had never seen them before.


The garbage bag full of soda cans was no big woop to her.


And carrying the flag like she was a drill team pony.

You just gotta love a good horse!
Go Tillie!


4 comments:

Maia said...

Go Tillie. I really love all these things you guys out west do. However, I'm so jealous about your weather. Please send the cool weather our way.

Mikey said...

Go Tillie!! We ought to do more of that here at home. Seeing these pics gives me ideas!! :)

Vaquerogirl said...

GAWD! I love the look of that horse! What a WP mount she would have made! Long low and flat! Oh my- but I know that your Stud Spud loves her and she loves him, so it all works out for the best!
How did she do with gunfire?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Tillie is awesome! I really enjoy desensitizing training. It's awesome when a horse that acted concerned over something has that light bulb moment where they realize that it's just no big deal.

Gotta love a sensible, brave, and willing horse, too. :)

Great pics,

~Lisa