Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Countdown To Slip N Slide!

So, it's getting closer and closer to the big Slip N Slide party!
The boys just couldn't wait any longer to start setting up the slide

Hay bales go around the catch pond first.


Then there is a foam mat put down, followed by the heavy duty
plastic sheeting.  This however is just the test run for the
newly designed catch pond.


Launch ramp is inflated and then they are ready to try the new sliding mats.

Good thing that they did a pre slide check 'cause the new mats
didn't work!   PANIC! 
I called our pool guy and he was able to find us something
very close to the mats we have used in the past that were
discontinued.  WHEW!

Crisis averted, and all is well in the man kingdom again.

I will pick the mats up tomorrow on my last big shopping
day before the party.
They boys will set up the slide for real on Friday.

Lil Mama, TLC and Vaquerogirl will be up Friday to help with
all the setting up, slide testing, and making sure the pool is just
right.  It's a tough job, but we strive for perfection.

4 comments:

Lil Mama said...

You know I am not called the Nazi for nothin. I am going test and keep testin the pool and hot tub till I feel that it is egg-zactly purrfect.

Can't wait. See you on Friday. Amy and I are going to leave in the AM so we get extra Denisearita time.

Maia said...

Wow what fun. I'm envious.

Denisarita said...

We couldn't do it without your help. 'specially the pool and hot tub duties.

Vaquerogirl said...

Wish I could come early, but I will be there as soon as I can. Can't wait to see the 'new and improved ' version of the slide!