Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Slip N Slide 2011!!!

Whew!  We made it!  Slip N Slide 2011 is finally over.  It turned into a 2 1/2 day party this time. 
The theme for this year was "California Surfin'".  We had some great decorations.
We had the surf shack arch with surfboards.


At the other gate to the pool we had the tin arch.


We had the woody and beach fencing.

The bank building is covering up the cinder block wall that hides the pool pump.  Yeah, I know, it's not beachy, but it went along with the outhouse.  I just may be working on my own little western scene!
These ladies had birthdays that we honored, along with our friend Karen and Vaquero Girl.  They said they wouldn't wear swimsuits to the party so I just had to prove them wrong.  All the birthday girls got a bikini!
Carol loved hers so much that she wore it all day.  Even bull riding!  You go girl!

Here is the Slip N Slide in action.  I think we are all just a little left of being really nuts.
Food was great, friends were a blast.
This party is not possible without the help of our friends that come to help set up and then stay and help break it down and clean up.
Thanks to all who make it possible.
We love ya!


3 comments:

Maia said...

I think this has to win the Oscar for best, most wonderful party of the year. I can't imagine a better time.

Dreaming said...

How incredibly cool! It looks like such great fun.
I loved the shirts!!

Vaquerogirl said...

Hey- We love you guys right back! BTW I AM wearing my 'swimsuit' but just for Big L! :)
Thanks for a great time!